Sinister: IMPORTANT

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 29 19:02:46 GMT 1997

well, most of you now know this due to meeting us, but this is more a
press statement type thing just to let you all know what happened and
what's happening.

on the friday night (day before the gig), we parked our hired van in our
hotel carpark in salford, manchester. we thought all was well and went
to bed peacefully.

we woke at about 3:30 by some weird noise, but the van was still there
and bed beckoned.

the next day at breakfast stuart david came over and pointed out that
there appeared to be a box of shirts or something outside the rear of
our van... we went over and discovered the mess. the rear window had
been smashed to non-existance and every piece of merchandise was missing
- except about 2 1/2 boxes of mugs.

what we've had stolen is:
    the last of the bus design shirts, both green/yellow and
brown/orange designs
    the cartoon design shirts, the white, blue and green designs
    a lot of mugs
    cd's of every release (except dog on wheels which we'd sold out of)
    enamel badges
    ink polaroids (hundreds of 'em)

what we need to ask is that of anyone lives in manchester and sees any
of this, could you please inform PC Aspey at Greater Manchester Police,
or if anyone sees any merchandise appear in any publications (UK or
worldwide) or any shops, again please call the police.
the only exception is that a few shops in Glasgow do have the cartoon
shirts, but everything else is exclusive to us, if it's seen then it
must be part of the stolen loot.

we'd also appreciate it if you could also inform us so we know what's
going on

--

the other part of this press release is linked to the theft.

because of the amount of stock we've lost and the time it will take to
produce a basic stock again we are temporarily unable to supply orders
via mail-order or the Internet, as such our merchandise page will be
removed until we have new stock. we hope this is no later than the
beginning of Feb, but this is also around the soonest it will be.

we are able to honour a few of the smaller orders that were submitted
before the theft. we will notify everyone personally after the 7th Jan
to let you know if your order will be honoured (we're taking a well
deserved holiday to Glasgow and won't be able to help before the 7th).

--

apart from that, the gigs were heaven and the people we met were lovely.
it's a shame our weekend was tainted so, but sometimes that's just the

we'll speak to you all when we get back from Glasgow.

with love

david and katrina

@ the fanclub

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk