Sinister: Terrific, but not competent

Paul_Clarke at xxx.uk Paul_Clarke at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 30 17:02:41 GMT 1997

     Don't read this if you're a sensitive sort... Oh, that's everyone
     isn't it...

     Bah Humbug, etc, Saturdays gig was SHITE.

     I had a truly grate time, and when the band all got it together, they
     were good, and the atmosphere was lovely, and the drink was slowing,
     and there were some quite beautiful and friendly people there, but the
     band were ARSE...

     Their "oops, we're playing the wrong song, at the wrong time, in the
     wrong time, on the wrong instruments, in the wrong venue, aren't we
     just so bonkers and eclectic" is not really that clever at all... And
     90% of the audience applauding and laughing politely every time the
     band messed up was one of the most embarrassing and cringeworthy
     spectacles I've ever witnessed.

     I can respect the band's decision not to do interviews, or TV, or many
     gigs, it's their ball, and they can play the game however they like.
     BUT if they're going to be taking large wads of cash off their adoring
     audience the very LEAST they could do is not take the piss out of
     everyone by being so incompetent...

     Things were good again by sunday night, I hope the sunday afternoon
     gig was good too if people travelled a long way.

     ObFoppishness: It was snowing once, and I saw a fox, and it was so
     beautiful that I shat in my hands and rubbed it on my face. Is that
     how it's supposed to go?

     It's been "nice", think I'll unsub any minute now, cheerio... Nice to
     meat and drink with some of you in Manchester, thanks for the mug and
     letting us into the club for free to the respective people...

     Pauly

     xxx