Sinister: sunday gig... oh yes

alistair tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 31 14:22:10 GMT 1997

Aadam wrote:

> ***Rob B*** wrote:
> >  Does anyone have a set list for the sunday?  As far as I can
> > remember they did... something about matchstick men (?)
>
> A cover version of "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" the old Status Quo
> song?

duh, sorry, it was the one by... um, 'peter and michael' (?), something
like that... dubious northern folkie types in dodgy novelty hit back in
the 70s.  all about Lowry.  the painter, not the writer...

a review of sunday coming sometime soon.  i seem to have a hogmanay of
sitting in with the computer lined up, so no excuses...

the duke.

listening again to old tapes discovered lurking in parent's attic:
woodentops' 'good thing' sounds like that lost classic i always rather
expected it to sound like after all these years.  i feel fucking old and
weird....