Sinister: Belle, Sebastian and the Pastels

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sun Nov 2 18:21:10 GMT 1997

Walter wrote:

> I've just read this in a french fanzine (Crême Anglaise,
> there's also an interview
> of Stuart David and Chris Geddes in it...)
> Stephen, of The Pastels, is answering a question about his
> hobbies :
>
> " I'm working in a library. I'm doing some writing also.
> I'm actually qoing to do
> a book with Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian. We're
> going to tell the story
> of Glasgow music from Orange Juice. It may be a book, but
> it will probably end
> up as a pamphlet! To both of us Orange Juice was a really
> important thing. We
> are very close to each other in Glasgow, we have so many
> things in common..."
>
> Well, I guess you already knew everything... It's just my
> modest contribution to
> the mailing-list...

Well this is one of the many things I didn't already know,
so thanks to Walter.

I await the book with baited breath. Which of our two heroes
is going to tackle the prickly subject of the rise and rise
of Del Amitri? Will Hue and Cry get a look in? I hope
there's a section on pop star eating habits. You can tell
when someone's going to make it big when you see peeled
prawns in their Safeway trolley and they start to cover
their faces on the underground.

Peter