Sinister: Belle, Sebastian and the Pastels

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sun Nov 2 18:38:45 GMT 1997

duke of harringay wrote:

> Oh yeah, and actually Kevin Pearce was in the
> process of writing the definitive book about
> Postcard and associated bands but he shelved it
> after writing many chapters of insightful and
> cutting prose.  It would have been a brilliant
> book... i wonder if we can tempt him into
> finishing it?  I doubt it somehow...

Well if not, how about persuading him to donate a few
snippets for your website? I'd certainly be interested. Sad
and pathetic though it may seem, I went to live in Glasgow
largely under the influence of OJ and postcard. Even went to
the trouble of living on the same street. Now I live near
the mother of "The Tigress" - convicted terrorist and
maneater. She looks worried all the time. The mother, that
is.

> ah well.  i'm off to start writing my own book of
> pop music insights.  ha ha.

I look forward to it. My own Postcard related pop insight
for the day is that I'm beginning to like the new Edwyn
Collins LP. At first I thought it was shit except for the
Mark E. Smith collaboration, but now I'm beginning to get
the hang of the rest of it. It's still a long way from
Orange Juice though.

I haven't read the NME interview, but it sounds good. The
last thing that really got my goat in the NME was when the
interviewer openly lambasted The Fugees for speaking to each
other in their own dialect. With interviewers of that
pedigree on board.....

Having said that, they've been fairly nice to B&S so far.

Peter