Sinister: Saropoly

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 3 00:16:59 GMT 1997

Ok, the story of Saropoly -

Once upon a much maligned record label in Bristol known as Sarah
Records decided for their 50th release they would do something a
little different and created their own board game.

Well folded paper & card counters game to be exact & in this game you
were the head honcho of various "indie" labels (4AD, Creation, Factory
Virgin) & your task was to make a Sarah 7" EP complete with poster,
wrap around sleeve & plastic bag.  This you did by speeding around
various locations on the board based on Bristol.  Further rules can be
explained but frankly it's way past my bedtime.

Everyone bought two copies one to play with & the other to clutch
fondly to their indie pop hearts.  I think I've played it twice, never
one & also had the indignity of having to be Alan McGee :o)

Maybe a new version could be devised where you play an NME
"journalist" or photographer & you following top pop band around
various Glasgow locations.  The winner being whoever gets the most
bitter, twisted & pompous by the end of the game?

Apologies if you've already seen half this posting but I'm convinced
my crappy computer ate it earlier?