Sinister: Rough Guide

Katrina at xxx.net> Katrina at xxx.net>
Mon Nov 3 13:28:05 GMT 1997

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta wrote:

> Whatever happens I think it would be a shame to let this
> oppurtunity pass by. I shall sustain a huge beamer if we
> actually pull it off, so to speak.

I agree, i'm not very good at writing stuff, but ok with all the facts
etc.  I know there's people out there who can write, so let's see how we
go.

I think i saw Paul mention birthdates ... so here goes:-

	Stevie Jackson	16th January 1969
	Sarah Martin	12th February 1974
	Isobel Campbell	27th April 1976
	Richard Colburn	25th July 1970
	Stuart Murdoch	25th August 1968
	Chris Geddes	2nd October 1975
	Mick Cooke	15th December 1973
	Stuart David	26th December 1969

(and mine's November 15th .. all cards + pressies to either Jeepster or
the PO box please ...!)

i'm gonna have to phone Alan Rankine for the details on Tigermilk
(recording dates, release date etc.), so stay tuned for that.

This info looks as though it's gonna come in dribs and drabs ... sorry!

- umm, tracks off "Dog On Wheels" ep only feature Stuart M & Stuart D
and Mick Cooke, all the other peoples are session musos, as those tracks
were the original Rhode Island demos (what they were before B&S ... i
think there were a few {bedroom} gigs and a radio session performed
under this name ... glasgow only).
- first tape sent to jeepster featured Dog, State, belle and sebastian
(which were the tracks in the same form - no remixes - on the dog ep)
and a demo version of my wandering days are over.
- wandering days and state were re-recorded and appeared on tigermilk.
stuart d lived with richard, and stuart d was on the training course
with stuart m.
- richard was the one doing the stow college course, and he took the
demos of the two stuarts in to stow, hang on, i'm just looking at an
early press release, and it said neil (robertson, jeepster scout)
introduced the band to stow as he was doing the course (?).
- band were formed by Stuart m in january 1996 recruiting members at the
grosvenor cafe over three days.
- band by that stage was the two Stuart's, stevie, richard, isobel and
chris, with mick being the trumpeter but not a full-time member, as he
was in a band called "Hardbody" (recently dropped by Sony).
- tigermilk was recorded and mixed in three days at Cava and produced by
stuart m who also did the artwork.
- first live radcliffe session was july 1996.
- sarah joined sometime after tigermilk came out and the band were
signed to jeepster on August 1st 1996.
- sinister recorded mostly live an finished in seven days, with another
three to mix it.  again, produced by stuart.
- initial lp title (stuart m's anyway) was Cock fun.
- modern rock song was going to be on sinister, however they only wanted
ten tracks, so when they asked mark what his fave was, they took it off.
- sinister released november 18th 1996.
- stuart won't release dog ep in other countries, as it doesn't feature
all the band.

aarrrgghh ... overload!
that's enough for now, questions might help, then i know what you want.

cheers,
katrina.