Sinister: saropoly... belleopoly etc.

alistair fitchett tangent at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 3 21:10:10 GMT 1997

Sarah wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm a new listee, how do you all? And do I feel
> young now..er, can I ask
> something please?
>
> what's Sarapoly?

Saropoly: catalogue number 50 in the great Sarah
records discography... Saropoly was a board game
in which you pretended to be a record company
mogul dashing around a 'virtual' city of Bristol
(ie a folded out drawn map thingie) collecting all
the items essential to make a loverly Sarah 7"
single in a plastic bag. How quaint.  It was a lot
of fun actually, but only, i suspect, if you got
the jokes.  I guess if you played it now you'd be
going 'huh?' a lot.  And not laughing.

But we laughed because we played it in the sun and
we are old.  ha ha.

i too had two copies but one became a prize in the
first Tangents bumper competition and was won by,
um, someone in America who wanted to play it with
her sister and parents.  How quaint.

It didn't mention Belle & Sebastian, but i feel
that a Belleopoly would be a rather spiffing idea
as part of the promo doo-dah thingy ideas.  Play
as one of the members of the band as you traverse
Glasgow, splashing along, through George Square,
trying to dodge the raindrops, like Billy the
Whizz.  Ahem.  And trying to get your shopping
done, and trying to avoid NME journalists.  If you
play as Chris you have the extra added burden of
trying to find a copy of Tigermilk to replace the
one you gave away.  You could try and find Elvis
(and tell Scully to come home if you see him while
you're at it), cook some brocolli, do all the
things that Pop Stars do.

Or not.

keep the faith chums,

the duke

PS: Prize to the first person to spot my artfully
slotted in Pop reference.

--
Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/