Sinister: students

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Tue Nov 4 00:12:51 GMT 1997

>There do seem to be a lot of students on this list. Is that just because
>we get free e-mail access?

yes yes yes. university email is fast and free. reason enough to pursue
higher education, no?

an another collegiate B&S note...there was a small review of the B&S EPs in
the entertainment section of our daily newspaper here a week ago, written
by a DJ at the radio station here. needless to say, I whooped with joy when
I saw the article. here's an excerpt:

"In trying to get across to you this music's nature I find myself truly at
a loss for words. You really have to hear these records for
yourself...they're all beyond belief. If you have to know what they sound
like, they make beautiful, folky, poppy, incredibly heartfelt music. But
you must see, and hear, for yourself. Their music does not function as mere
entertainment, or even as art, but as something that transcends those
parameters."

and each day at 8PM, DJs have the option of doing this thing called the 8
o'clock break, which is an opportunity to showcase the work of one artist
for an hour. two Fridays ago, during the timeslot when I apprentice at the
station, the guy who wrote the review (he's also a DJ) played B&S during
the 8 o'clock break. people kept calling in to further inquire about the
band. the music was well-received. and I was delighted, to say the least.

and about me: 18 (born April 8), student (studying journalism) and tea-cozy
aficionado.

ta,
Amanda

Amanda Bergman
Northwestern University
a-bergman at nwu.edu

"At another table, a girl stared solemnly into her cup. Jim wished he
could've taken her picture. But then he was afraid that he might steal the
moment away from her."
--Belle and Sebastian