Sinister: Football (again).

Honey psm at xxx.net
Tue Nov 4 15:05:18 GMT 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, ben ferneyhough wrote:

> I'm 27 (pushing that
> B&S average age up)

Stop it, stop it, STOP IT!  Rhys said earlier he was amazed to realise he
was one year older to the say than Stuart M, well I am HORRIFIED to report
that this is looked after by someone who is TEN years minus one day older
than Sarah.  Yes that's 33, and an ex-astronomer who now looks after the
computers at the Univ of Edinburgh.  Now I bet you all want to
unsubscribe.

This age distribution is skewed horribly I reckon (I hope!) by people
either too young or more likely too old wanting to admit it.  Please
someone come out and pretend to be older than me or something.  Or give me
a medal for still liking decent music and caring at my age.  Or something.

Someone mentioned about wearing pigtails to shock people in 62 and how it
was another world then.  Well, ask Linda, I tied my hair back in a
ponytail the other day and my Dad (30 proud years as a Cadbury's personnel
manager) nearly had a heart seizure.  I'm trying the pigtails idea next
week.

Anyway, keep the Tigermilks coming, I am adding them up, very impressed
and hoping to forget all this age stuff until someone admits they're over
40 at which point I will cease to fear I'm about to go out and buy a Neil
Diamond LP.  I'm actually much more interested in the *gender* spread of
the list, but too shy to ask.

Paul
mailto:owner-sinister at majordomo.net

P.S. Hint to the aged: Mogwai keeps away those wrinkles