Sinister: computer appeal

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 4 15:46:40 GMT 1997

All this spilling of personal beans about ourselves has given me an
outasight idea to raise money for the great computer appeal. We've all
been mailing in with our personal info, right? This is the kind of
demographic data the evil corporations of the world would pay big money
for. They'd love to get inside our heads to see what's what in order to
sell us more of their godforsaken merchandise.

I say we let them! What with us being fans of the hottest band around we
can command a premium price just for telling people what we think is
cool and the latest words the "kids" are using for shagging! Most of us
are in that key demographic age band 18-24 that advertisers are keen to
target so we can charge even more!!. (I'm not any more and I had a
strange moment of late 20's angst when i realised I was no longer the
kind of thrusting young buck people want to sell beer to. And I don't
even drink!)

hot love
john
xxx