Sinister: (not) Football (again).

the duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 4 19:14:13 GMT 1997

> This age distribution is skewed horribly I
> reckon (I hope!) by people
> either too young or more likely too old wanting
> to admit it.  Please
> someone come out and pretend to be older than me
> or something.  Or give me
> a medal for still liking decent music and caring
> at my age.  Or something.

ho hum, i was trying to avoid responding to all
this hoo-ha, but here we go:  i'm (cough) 31 and i
teach art and design to a bunch of ingrates in a
dull town in Devon. (Tim, amongst others will tell
you the best thing about this town is it's
by-pass).  I don't live in said town, however,
preferring the rarified atmosphere of Exeter.  I
am constantly plugging B&S, and yesterday stuck up
big posters for Sinister and the Glasgow/Edinburgh
shows (thanks Leslie, a bunch of things on the way
as trade!) on my wall, to which a few yr10
responded today with admiration.  I've also a
collection of promo photos, clippings, the
cartoon... etc up to show how hip i am :-).  Not
content woth this, I also played them and talked
about them in assemblies recently for yr 10 and
11, so now they all at least know the name and the
alleged story of how they formed!  A number have
also asked for tapes and badges... Oh yeah, and
all the expressive arts dept now sport the enamel
badges, and the Duchess, who teaches english,
wears a dog on wheels button.

Are we the coolest teachers in Britain?? ha ha.

> P.S. Hint to the aged: Mogwai keeps away those
> wrinkles

oh indeed they do, indeed they do.  Marvellous.

keep the faith, 'kids'!

the duke

--
Tangents On-Line