Sinister: Sarapalooza? Pah....

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Wed Nov 5 00:21:57 GMT 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 22:46:21 -0800, Madame Cholet wrote:

>First of all it's Clare.

That's me shot down in flames then.

>Second of all, if you think your 'ramblings' didn't become 'increasingly
>irritating'...you're mistaken.

>Thankfully.....More people disagree with you, than agree.....

You may well be right.

>The ones who share your opinionated..... opinions are the ones marked out with WARNING
>SIGNS saving people like me, us....Sarah fans.....from the likes of you.

Oh I feel so dangerous.  I'd love to know what exactly I represent to
you.  I don't like the same music as you so I must be some sort of
antichrist...

>I'm still confused as to why you posted this on the 'Sinister' list.....

Recently there have been a number of letters talking about Saropoly
and so forth.  Since the list has a lot of people under 24 who don't
know about such things, some of whom were a little nonplussed, I
figured it was a valid subject for discussion.  If you'd read my
letter, there was a link.  I happen to think Belle and Sebastian more
worthy of everyone's attention...that's just my opinion.

>Not everyone here are Sarah fans, but everyone here does, or should, share a
>common love for Belle & Sebastian.

We do.  As you would know if you'd read what I said.

>What a rebel. Just like the big skinheads who use to throw rocks at the wee
>Smiths fans in the beer gardens in Cheltenham,

And your point is?

> back in '89 (yes, I realize they'd broken up by then).....

Believe me, I had no intention of correcting you.

>Perhaps if I had known about cherries and trainstations then....I
>would have been so much happier.

>P.S. Gob bless floppy fringe, Rickenbackers, Matt, Clare, boys in bunny
>shirts, and making a parody of ourselves......

Bravo to you.  You forgot ice-cream, flowers, and crayons.

>We're all happy bunnies humming happy bunny tunes.  Aren't we?

Frankly no.  You try and get a lively discussion going and get shot
down for it.  I realised a lot of people wouldn't agree with me, but I
didn't expect to be treated as 'The Man', or for people to take things
personally.  I've seen letters more innocuous than this criticised for
'flaming'.  My letter had no personal malice in it, and I stressed
that it was just my opinion.  Thank you 'Madame Cholet', for your
constructive critique, I promise never to have an opinion of my own
again.

Tag