Sinister: sumpin' new

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Wed Nov 5 13:42:57 GMT 1997

superbob wrote:

> i know something we can do that will get on some people's
> nerves and take up a lot of mail space. it's kinda
> similiar to the stats thing.
> what's everyone's claim to fame?
>
> i'll start.
> 1.) in 1992 i had dinner in burger king with martin and
> rob and sice from boo radleys. i ended up hanging out with
> them all night and woke up in a stupor on the tour bus at
> five in the morning not quite remembering how i got there.

My wife's boss is mates with the other one out of the Boo
Radleys, Tim, the one who looks like Lurch (I think). I only
found this out last night, prompting me to dust off my Giant
Steps tape. It's better than I remembered it, especially
Leaves and Sand.

> 2.) i snuck onto the band GENE's tour bus a couple years
> back (again, in a drunken stupor) and began telling them
> they'll never be as good as the smiths. the singer was
> rolling a big fat doobie and the guitar player was giving
> an interview to one of my friends from a rival radio
> station. needless to say i was kicked off the bus.

My mate shook hands with Lou Barlow through the van window.
When he was a Dinosaur.
I once saw Terry Scott (of Curlywurlyfame) eating an ice cream in
Bournemouth. I think he was pissed.
I once saw Rodney Bewes (of Whtever Happened to the Likely
Lads? fame) in the pub. I was quite embarrassingly excited,
because I love him dearly. It was the day of the big Mandela
concert.
I followed the fat one out of REM around San Sebastian. He
stopped in all the cake shop windows (honest). Rock'n'roll.
I once nearly ran over Valeri Karpin, a very good
footballer. It would have put paid to his multi-million
peseta move to Valencia.
I have seen Worzel Gummidge in real life.
The song "Cookie Jar" by Fuzzy Haskins was written for me.

> 3.) i got a picture of me shaking hands with david j (he
> of bauhaus and love and rockets).

I've had my picture taken with Barry Sheene, former world
motor-cycling champion. Around about the same time as
Showaddywaddy were hot news.

> 4.)and, pertaining to belle and sebastian
>       in high school, in french class, the teacher
> re-named me sebastian, and thus i was called sebastian for
> two years by       everyone in the school.

There's no answer to that one.

>       i was born on elvis' birthday (jan. 8)

Kylie's. Or the day before. Same year and everything. She's
got more money than me though. Shocking, isn't it?

> that's it for me.
> -brad

And me. But I'll be back when I can think of some more.
Unless this thread is banned for its complete lack of
relevance.

Peter