Sinister: Re: Easterhoose and me

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 5 15:15:05 GMT 1997

For the registries sake, my name is Ian 'buffalo' Turton, I'm 31 but
*everyone* guesses 26 when the look at me, then, oooh,  13 when they
speak to me. Live in Shepherds Bush. Freelance computer consultant
currently working from home (i.e. s'posed to be working now). Top ten
records of all time, without thinking about it for too long;

        1. Galaxie 500 - Tell Me
        2. Tom Waits - Ruby's Arms
        3. Foul Play - Open Your Mind
        4. Frank Sinatra - I'm A Fool To Want You
        5. Razorcuts - Snowbound
        6. Eastern Dark - Johnny and DeeDee
        7. George Strait - Nobody In His Right Mind Would Have Left Her
        8. The Lefte Bank - Walk Away Renee
        9. The Drifters - The Cut is Deep
      10. Transformer 2 - Fruit of Love

Actually, given a rainy Tuesday night and a six-pack all ten of the
above could have been country songs.

Anyone else keen on the Razorcuts ? Never hear a word about 'em anymore,
periodically wonder what Greg, Tim, Angus and David are getting up to
now.

And re. a recent thread ...

I have Easterhouse's only (I believe) album 'Contenders' in front of me.
All glossy black moodiness and angular guitars. Think they split up cos
the Perry brothers had a falling out I believe. Sample lyrics to 'Get
Back To Russia' go ...

    Get back to Russia I hear you say
    Get back to Russia but there ain't no way
    England made me and here I'll say
    England made me let England deal with me

    And it would be nice
    Leningrad in spring must be a pretty sight
    And to sit down by the Volga, all that cool blue water

    You can't get Levis jeans or pictures of James Dean
    But these things I have seen
    And they don't mean that much to me

Hmmmm. 1986 seems like quite a while ago faced with this. Actually, the
toons not half bad.
Enough. To the kettle.