Sinister: sumpin' new

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Wed Nov 5 22:13:45 GMT 1997

Honey wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta
> wrote:
>
> > superbob wrote:
> >
> > > what's everyone's claim to fame?
> > >
> > > i'll start.
> >
> > I once saw Terry Scott (of Curlywurlyfame) eating an ice
> cream in
> > Bournemouth. I think he was pissed.
>
> OK.
>
> 1.  I once had a video camera pointed at me in some
> football stadium in
> Spain next to Johan Cruyff - I felt such an arse as I was
> dressed in an
> identical striped shirt to my two brothers (younger and
> older, now leading
> executives in Ford and Mitsubishi respectively).  I think
> we were supposed
> to look "cute" and were told we were going on Dutch
> television.  I didn't
> know and don't know anything about football so I probably
> even spelled his
> name wrong.

I'm quite jealous. Johann Cruyff is one of my most admired
people in the world. I have seen him in the flesh, but at a
distance. Splendid fellow. I shouted "Big fat Ron!" at
Ronald Koeman. Fortunately he took no notice.

> 2. I got Tom O'Connor's autograph in Upton Village on the
> Wirral when I
> was 8.  He was opening a record shop.

Did they have Tigermilk?

> 3. My gay buddhist friend in Newcastle lives next door to
> someone from The
> Bill.  We nicked a twig from her garden.

Is gaeity allowed in Buddhism?

> 4. My girlfriend Linda saw Robin Cook with his wife in the
> Loon Fung
> restaurant in Edinburgh.  He didn't look very happy
> apparently.

I saw him sitting on the Glasgow-Edinburgh train once. First
class, the traitor. He was busy with some papers.

> 5. I know Peter Miller.

He's a bastard, isn't he?

> 6. I had a chat with Patrick Moore in an observatory in La
> Palma, in the
> Canaries.  He called me "young chap" and "my boy" a lot.
> I was about 24.

I bet he'd like B&S, being a xylophone whizz. I'm quite
jealous of this one too. I once met Eddie Waring's next-door
neighbours. A very nice elderly couple.

> 7. In a pub in Dublin last year Linda and I saw Father Ted
> run in,
> clutching a mobile phone, look round in a panic and run
> out.  This 30
> minutes after Lucian from The Liver Birds had sat drinking
> at the bar.

It never rains but it pours. Is that the curly haired bloke,
or am I dreaming?

> Now for goodness sake let's dispense with these
> irrelevancies and get on
> with the list.

Whoops! It's too late now. If anyone else likes this sort of
thing, there's a very good - erm - thingy on the When
Saturday Comes website, called Ohmygodit'swhatsisname or
something similar. I'm on it twice, but the David Icke one
(yes, I've seen him too!) doesn't work properly. Your Cruyff
tale would be a welcome addition, Paul. I don't know the URL
offhand, but I can look it up. It's second only to Sweary
Mary's Swearbox for web-based fun'n'frolics.

> Sniff.

Is that regret at blowing the whistle on irrelevancies, or a
big globule of snot?

Petey Wetey