Sinister: National Lottery!/Neily Weely/forthcoming gigs in Sheff/Leeds

Dr C.B.Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 6 10:31:20 GMT 1997

Hiya all -
  I know this is not strictly B&S stuff but is related to the current
list discussions!
 'Neily Weely' AKA Neil from Bouquet is still in the tweepop business
- his band Bouquet has released a single recently...pretty good
actually, something about flying saucers ... AND...most bizarre -
they've just been given a £3000 grant from the lottery to make an
album....well those tossers at the Opera get cash from the lottery,
so why not indiepop bands!!

Moving on via a tenuous link ...Bouquet's guitarist, Chris, is in
another band called Velodrome 2000...who are brilliant....imagine a
a cross between Talulah Gosh, surf punk and 70's disco!!??....anyway,
they are just about to start a tour to promote their new 'Charity
Shopping' EP....

Anyone into Talulah Gosh/Sarah records/any of that scene would love
em', so go along to see them at

TOMORROW -
Friday 7th November - Sheffield Speakeasy, Abbeydale RD
 (With OFFBEAT DISCO - me DJing and playing loads of B&Seb!)

Sat 8th Nov - Leeds Fenton
(with Bouquet!!)

Sun 9th Nov - Leicester Physio & Firkin

Tues 11th Nov -Glasgow 13th Note

Wed 12th Nov - Newcastle - Byker, Cumberland Arms (with Milky
Wimpshake)

Thur 13th Nov - Manchester, Night and Day Cafe, Oldham St

For more details email me......

Finally, and totaly unrelated!!!....
.....anyone going to see Half Man Half Biscuit in Leeds tonight??

Chris
C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

*** daytime: 0114 2223262 ***

***   FAX 0114 2727206    ***

** NEW ** evening: 0114 2306539 ** NEW **

"Watford FC Supporters - South Yorkshire branch"