Sinister: NYC gig

princess rachel craftylo at xxx.com
Fri Nov 7 07:28:24 GMT 1997

i as well was at the NYC gig and the sessions taping along with my
boyfriend (hi JJ) and i just wanted to share my feelings about it and i
have to warn all you people that it has little to do with belle and
sebastian...and at the same time it has everything to do with belle and
sebastian.

i am a nice jewish girl from Long Island and my family history is sort
of non existant.  my family going back about 100 years has lived in
manhattan, brooklyn and then long island (which back in those days was
vaguely suburban unlike the strip mall it is these days.)  after the
holocaust our family history was basically destroyed along with the
small villages my great-great-great people came from, and the lower east
side of NYC has become our history, the place where my family is from.

point being here that one day, maybe 60 or 70 years ago my family
members went to that synogogue to worship, to socialize and to raise
their family with their beliefs and all that stuff.  so in addition to
my amazement of belle and sebastian playing there, where my forefathers
once trod (oh gosh this is cheeesy) it was a very wonderful experience.

for myself and JJ it was the 4th and 5th times of seeing the band (we
first saw them in glasgow in march, then in London and then in NYC...)
but everytime seeing them reminds me of the first time i ever heard
them.

i don't remember the set list.  and i think that every synogogue should
have disco balls in the ark.

remind me to tell that to my rabbi.

rachel.