Sinister: congregations

Cairns ics6jdc at xxx.UK
Fri Nov 7 13:28:34 GMT 1997

So, then, aren't I the new boy?
My little mailbox almost crashed when the glut of B&S musings hit me
today. It did come as a pleasant surprise, as the last week has been
all dark nights and loud noises, and Hannah might be going back to
Sheffield.
I haven't the time or the inclination for long, drawn out,
introductions, as I'm on a caffeine sortie, but I think it's only the
decent to say "hullo".
 Oh, go on then, I love making lists.
Things I like this month include Dexy's, James Bond, The Associates,
a few songs off the Pastels album, Mono (secretly), Youth-hostelling
with Chris Eubank, Diane Keaton, Grooverider, Charlotte Gainsbourg,
Delroy Lindo, Disco Machine Gun, Aphrodite, Sleater-Kinney,
Holden Cauldfield.
Most of all I like the way that, when things are going right, all
points converge, like reading a book about Stephen, Aggie, and Billy
Mackenzie.
As for claims to fame, well, I'll save that for another time, but for
now I'll reveal that I do own Tigermilk, and that David and Katrina
once kept a watchful eye over a round of drinks for me at Queen
Margaret's. I said "thank you" a few too many times that night.

When I'm not playing with cameras I live near Manchester. Well,
Wigan, but who's gonna own up to that?

Oh, and I object to people saying things like "I don't really want
B&S to be as big as Take that", even if they are in jest.
Remember, size isn't everything.

And on that platitude...

Yours,
Joseph