Sinister: finding records and things.

Claire Timmins timminsc at xxx.ie
Sat Nov 8 16:28:19 GMT 1997

 Well I'll have you know tht it has been a exciting week for the kids in
Ireland's fair city.
 Firstly I got an email from Stuart D saying that they would love to try
and play over here.

Then, I went into Hmv who checked the computer system and this time info on
B&S appeared so they ordered a copy of 3..6..9 for me. Phew. Supposedly the
distribution over here is very low.

 Then, I went into Comet records and there staring me in the face was IYFS,
so for nostalgic reasons I had a look at it. To my surprise tucked away
behind it was the 12" of 3..6..9. Wow! Unfortunatley purchase of the 12"
wouldn't have been beneficial due to fact I would probably have to wait
until to Xmas so I could play in on my record player.

 Also, in the event guide (free newspaper stylee thing, like The List but
so much smaller and cheaper) there was an interview with Teenage Fanclub.
The reporters talks of the great bands from Glasgow: The fanclub, Pastels,
Primal Scream and Belle and Sebastian.  Then whoever he speaks to from the
fanc' refers to B&S as an example of the best music to come out of the
city.  Not  bad for a bit of publicity. Hopefully this will help as nobody
here really seems to know them.

 Well I just thought that I would enlighten everyone on the bands progress
in other european countries.

 Claire.