Sinister: Jukeboxes and things

STARFLEET starfleet at xxx.uk
Sat Nov 8 21:31:25 GMT 1997

I haven't posted anything here for ages so here's an intro bit - I'm 29, no
vinyl copy of Tigermilk and I'm a concert promoter who'd like to do B&S in
St John's Church in Wolverhampton but haven't heard a sausage back from
Jeepster yet about whether they'd want to work with me or not.

I just got around to putting 3 6 9 on my jukebox and it sounds great. Dog
On Wheels is on there too but LLPJ was useless on 7" because it revolved at
33 and my jukebox goes at the traditional 45rpm. Maybe bands should think
about that for the 0.001% of fans who have old seventies jukeboxes!
At first I used to be quite concerned at cutting massive holes in my
records so they'd fit but now I reckon the bands would be proud to be on
there - keeping vinyl alive and all that. I've got most of my record
collection twice now - first on CD (usually promos coz I'm a lucky git to
be working in the industry) and then I go out and buy it on 7" for the
jukebox.

I'm not sure about a claim to fame. Last year I booked Thrum (Monica
Queen's band) for my Wolvestock Festival which is a bit B&S related. I've
obviously met all the bands I've worked with....Spiritualized at the Albert
Hall was probably the best thing I've done.
My cousin is in Starlight Express and Kim Wilde went to her wedding (but I
didn't).

OK, I've rambled - I'm off

Mark   (not Starfleet)

http://www.avnet.co.uk/mdawson/starfleet