Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V1 #62

Ivo A P Escossia escossia at xxx.br
Sun Nov 9 01:00:34 GMT 1997

you wrote:

>From: MATTHEW JON MILLER <mjm97 at xxx.uk>
>Subject: Sinister: Lazy Line Painter Jane
>Just thought I would go on record as saying that 'Lazy Line Painter Jane'
>is a fabulous song and Monica Queen (of Thrum fame who I saw live
>supporting Grant lee Buffalo at Exeter Uni a few years ago now) has a truly
>amazing voice.

I don't want to be rude !
but WHAT ???????????????
I can be able to think in 4 or 5 better singers....
* Rachel : Slowdive/Mojave 3
* Isabel Monteiro : Drugstore
* Pam Berry : Glo-worm and some others
* Laetitia : Stereolab
* That girl out of Galaxie 500 ....(i don't remember her name)

I try to think about LLPJ with one of these singers instead Monica Queen and
in my dreams the song is BETTER .

Hope that's not a controversial opinion.

well....

>Apart from B&S other musical things I love are Stina Nordenstam, The Velvet
>Underground, Sinead O'connor, Galaxie 500, The Auteurs, Mazzy Star, My
>Bloody Valentine, The Beatles and lots of other stuff. That's probably
>enough for now.
>Cheerie-bye,
>Mat.

Do you like Mojave 3 ?