Sinister: TIGERMILK REGISTER: Britain's luckiest guy.

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Tue Nov 11 02:57:56 GMT 1997

I heard a conversation in a CD shop recently to the effect that a radio
station in Danbury CT, USA  had a vinyl copy of Tigermilk -- when this woman
went in to tape it, it was missing from where it had been the week before.
 So we can assume there is a person of dubious honesty with a copy somewhere
in Connecticut.

That same CD shop had 3 copies of Tigermilk, but had no idea who B&S were nor
what it sounded like as they had never played it (because then it has to go
into the "used" bin).  Once IYFS came out, there was a mad search to find the
Tigermilks, but they were, alas, gone...

Me, I blame it all on the fact that we have really crappy commercial radio
here in the states, and never get to hear anything  wonderful when it's
brand, shiny new.   If radio was worth it's salt the DJs would be looking for
new songs to introduce us to rather than beating the same old stuff to death.
  B&S are only played semi-regularly on one station in this area, and that's
only on Sunday night (WNEW-FM on the Vin Scelsa show).  Although one day I
ran out to the bank from work, and when I was leaving the drive-thru "The Fox
in the Snow" came on WFUV from Fordham University -- it was so wonderful to
hear it while driving that I had to drive around the block and go back to the
office via the scenic route to hear it all.  And my son played them regularly
while interning on Fairfield University radio this summer -- but at 100
watts, it was hard to pick them up outside a small circle of friends.