Sinister: Non daude pop-haurak gaur?

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Nov 11 20:33:12 GMT 1997

Robert McTaggart wrote:

> Hasn't anyone got anything to say?  Edible Tigermilk
> reissues?
> Belle and Sebastian range of underwear?  Did you know
> Teenage Fanclub
> had knickers with the band's faces on the inside?  Oh what
> saucy
> rogues.

They are saucy, aren't they. I once bet a friend a fiver
that he daren't pinch Norman's bum. And he did. And Norman
didn't mind.Shit, I'm already running out of things to say.
I know!
It's the end of an era! IYFS has been removed from the
display racks inn my local record emporium. But it has
appeared in another shop. As has the Pet Sounds box, which I
can't afford, thus saving me from muso-trainspotter
overload.

> Does anyone else like Serge Gainsbourg?

Yes, Paul does, our shy and retiring list manager. Me too.
But I haven't got hardly any. Bonnie and Clyde's my
favourite.

>  Did Susannah find
> 'Tigermilk'?

That's what I'd like to know. I reckon your best bet is
little out of the way places, like Burton-on-Trent or
Whitby.

>  Was there a very smug man in 'Vinyl Exchange', saying
> 'I've got it'?
>
> I loved the Becks-drinking frog story by the way.

They were crabs, you bounder! Write out a hundred times "I
must pay more attention" and do some lemur research. Did you
know that lemurs (Belle and Sebastian's mascot from now on)
are unable to hang from their tails? Poor little things! And
their noses are...hang on a minute! This could make a
cracking quiz - we haven't had a quiz for a while...question
one - how big was the now extinct biggest ever lemur? The
answer comes as quite a surprise. Question two - how did
lemurs get to Madagascar? The answer comes as quite a
surprise.

>  Did I tell you
> about us recreating the infamous B&S car-crash photo on
> New Year's Eve
> outside 'Smile'.  It didn't come out and I got a cold from
> lying in
> the snow under someone's car.  I suffer for their art.

I'm planning on recreating the Tigermilk sleeve this
evening, with a little help from my cuddly lemur, 'cos
tigers play too rough.

Peter