Sinister: Christ the old list's gone a spot quiet now

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Nov 11 14:44:44 GMT 1997

Keith Watson wrote:

> Not a lot going on is there? I'm flying down to London
> today and will hopefully be meeting Robert tonight before
> I have to hotfoot it off to the thrills and spills that is
> the Microsoft Professional Developers conference tomorrow
> where we all bow down and pay homage the lord that is Bill
> Gates.

Splendid chap. Invented the Sunclair C5, you know.

>         Peter, my mates used to love the sprint through
> Kelvingrove park after a night at the boozer a few years
> ago. I can just see them now, like Linford Christie both
> of them.

Ah, the joys of Kelvingrove Park! My one nad only
psychedelic toadstool experience involved walking through it
at night, thoroughly cosmic as you can well imagine. Some
people in Middle Eastern clothing walked past. Freaked me
right out.

>         Not much going on in the land of B+S at the moment
> is there - looks like we're just going to have to talk
> about something else then I suppose. Anyone see Verve on
> Jools Holland? I thoroughly enjoyed that last Saturday.

No, I didn't. I watched Real Madrid beat Racing Santander
with a typically cracking goal by Clarence Seedorf. He went
through the packed defence like Dickie Ashcroft down the
high street. I would love to have something B&S related to
share with everyone, but I'm afraid I'm stumped. No crab
stories either. I know! Has anyone experienced any unusual
B&S coincidences? That might be a nice thread. Another great
B&S thing is the front page of Robert Chesworth's B&S&Lemurs
page. A marriage made in heaven, surely. I spent a little
while following the Lemur Links, and I don't think it'll be
my last time. My favourites are Hairy-Eared Dwarf Lemurs.
Perhaps we could abuse the list by talking about lemurs?
Great tails!

> Cheers,
>         Keith.

And cheers to you too Keith. I admit that this has been a
very poor response to your very poor attempt to spark up a
little conversation, but there we go.

Peter