Sinister: lemurs lemurs everywhere...where's B&S?

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Wed Nov 12 15:04:19 GMT 1997

>How about a haggis? They're notoriously difficult to catch, due to their
>immense
>speed, but the baby females are ridiculously cute and twee...

Two questions for you: 1) what exactly is a haggis, and 2) what exactly
does "twee" mean?
Please pardon my American ignorance.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, a drum roll please...HERE'S SOME (mildly)
BAND RELATED CONTENT!

We got the _3, 6, 9 Seconds of Light_ 12" at the radio station here at NU.
It was the first B&S vinyl that I'd come into contact with. It's so
gorgeous, so satisfying to hold in your hands and cue up on the record
player. And obviously many DJs at the station are sharing this sentiment,
because it's getting quite a bit of airtime lately. I do remember hearing
someone mention that it wasn't too far from the elusive Top Ten last week.
I'll keep you posted. On a more melancholy note, my brief interlude with
B&S vinyl made me yearn for more...like, say, a copy of Tigermilk. (Which,
by the way, if anyone out there has a copy with which they'd be willing to
part, I could offer you, say, my left leg or a kidney or something in
exchange. Just to keep that in mind...)

I remember a while back people were talking about favorite B&S moments.
Well, I've finally identified mine: the first few seconds of "You Made Me
Forget my Dreams," when someone sneezes and apologizes, and then Stuart M
(I'm assuming) sort of chuckles/sighs before he begins singing the song. So
lovely.

And let me pause here to say that David and Katrina run the most wonderful
and considertate mail order outfit I've ever known: kudos to you folks!

So. With that, I'm off to finish (or so I'm telling myself) the Spanish
paper I've been neglecting for a week.

ta,
Amanda

Amanda Bergman
Medill School of Journalism
Northwestern University
a-bergman at nwu.edu

"On the last day of your life, don't forget to die."
--Silver Jews