Sinister: lemur content high - B&S content low

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 12 18:00:46 GMT 1997

This is the lemur-getting-to-Madagascar story as it was told to me by a
disgruntled pine marten in a bar in Kingussie..

Basically there were 3 lemurs sitting in a cafe in Maputo, Mozambique.
It was a special day as the two males had just come back from a tour
upcountry and it was the first sniff of a female they had had in ages.
So there were lots of stories and general bragaddocio [who was on the
run after a failed putsch in Lima]. The lemurs were trying to convince
the unlucky female that they were both qualified engineers( I don't know
why they thought this would impress the lady but they'd had a few -
OK??)Coz they'd been drinking they were drawing up blueprints and
designs in front of her and everything was making a lot of sense. They
were proposing a kind of hydro-foil twin-masted sailing yacht. Now this
is the amazing bit because they staggered down to the beach to prove it
to the lady (let us call her Jane) when she said they were talking
bollocks. The two male lemurs made a series of cognitive leaps that have
baffled scientists ever since, and which they themselves have never been
able to repeat. They fashioned simple tools; made quick calculations of
appropriate hydro-foil angles, bribed the harbour officials, threw Jane
onboard and with a following wind were off. Progress was swift and
comfortable but having sighted land disaster struck. The boat capsized
and they were forced to swim for their lives. Exhausted they hung on to
some mats of flotting vegetation and were thus washed ashore.

Thats what Marten said...

hot love
john
xxxx