Sinister: I beg to differ

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Nov 13 17:58:17 GMT 1997

Richard Banner wrote:

> Its good to talk?
> -----------------
> It seems a lot of what i read on the list is of total
> uninterest, with
> many personalised and 'informal' groups talking between
> themselves.
>
> I don't write much to the list because often you get what
> you want to
> here from a select few, even though you find yourself
> reading through
> pages of rubbish just for maybe a few sentences of sense.
>
> Remember this list is about BELLE + SEBASTIAN!!!!
>
> OK I'm maybe being a little bit harsh but quality before
> quantity
> surely.
>
> Things i've observed............

Lots of people use the list to relieve boredom, or whatever.
I enjoy the off-topic stuff, it gives me a laugh most of the
time. I've found lots of things on the list
very useful, one way or another. I think it's a good thing
that people don't mind a bit of rambling. Everyone knows
where to draw the line, as far as I can see. The list is not
just about Belle and Sebastian, it is also, by accident or
design, about Belle and Sebastian fans (with computers) who
I personally think are just as important as the band
themselves. Sideline threads such as lemurs, stylophones,
Arab Strap, etc., usually only last for a day or two before
dying a natural and painless death. And as someone recently
pointed out, Belle and Sebastian aren't exactly over-active
at the moment.

That's my opinion. I can see that some people might want the list to be
purely B&S, but I don't think that's really possible. There just isn't
enough to talk about, but I'll have a go:
Bootlegs - a couple of months ago we were informed that Jeepster's crack
team of lawyers are on the trail of some Italians for that very crime.
Did anything come of it?
2 concerts - I think one or two of them have to get back to their
studies at around about the same time as everyone else, so a three month
tour is out of the question. This is pure speculation. It's good to have
qualifications to fall back on, you ask your dad.

Just out of curiosity - people at work: have you got permission to do
this or are you being naughty?

Back to work - churning out pages and pages of rubbish as it happens,

Respectfully yours,

Peter