Sinister: El Gaupo Miller, he speaks the truth...

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Thu Nov 13 22:33:40 GMT 1997

Ok, some stuff

1  I agree with everyting Peter said about the list.  OK, some things
('claims to fame' springs to mind) get out of hand, but I love these
sidetracks.  Susannah's photo shoots, lemurs, they break up the tedium
of the working day, or are nice to see when you get home at night.
Myself, I'd rather see that than pure naked facts, or psycho-analysis,
but there's a place for everything whether facts, opinions, questions,
anecdotes, ramblings, bollocks.  Maybe we should save time for those
who want to head straight for the bits they want and put special
headings on the top of each message.  But I read everything, some of
it makes me go 'boring' or 'what the hell are you on about?', but
there's a few gems every day.  I reckon a love of B&S or whatever says
a lot about a person, and it's nice to hear that confirmed sometimes
when people get off-track.  Don't you think?

2  Dreams.  I had a dream once that the Manic Street Preachers were
playing an accoustic set on Top of the Pops, wearing suits.  They
suddenly swapped their guitars for hairdryers, which they aimed at the
audience and a riot ensued.  I also dreamt that Henry Rollins
kidnapped my best friend and we had to rescue her from a cage.  I'm
sure I've had Belle and Sebastian ones, but I can't remember any.  I
suppose I could make one up.

3  Simon Reynolds is a fool.  What does he know?

4  Hey, what happened to those date announcements?  Someone must know.

Can't think of any records with human touches in them...I'm sure there
are loads, but I'm tired and the house is cold.  I can think of good
talking bits in songs though.  'What colour are his eyes?' 'I dunno,
he always wears shades' in 'Give him a great big kiss'.  Or just about
every single Lee Hazlewood record ever (Lee is God).

A kiss on the elbow

Tag
xx