Sinister: General Stuff

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 14 09:43:43 GMT 1997

speaking of new order...how about the line in "your silent face" which goes
"you've caught me at a bad time...so why don't you piss off?"
always makes me laugh...

[Keith Watson]
That's what I was thinking too - funny line.

I must say as well it's bloody impossible to speak about Belle and
Sebastian all the time, all that happens is you wind up doing stupid things
like having top 10 fave songs which is OK for about two or three, but 6
weeks later, especially for a band who have only 2 LP's and the majority of
people have pretty similar top 10's.
	I do realise that it may look like a few private conversations are going
on too, but anyone's free to join in - it's really part of the natural
process of getting to know people. Peter's comment about the fans being
just as important as the band is completely true in my eyes.

Peter - got the Amon Duul tape - thanks a lot, it's well good, I've been a
very bad (and tired) boy and haven't sent it off yet - I'll post it this
weekend

Tag - To answer some of the questions that drink got in the way of the
other night - first concert : Fish (of all people - why did it have to be
him), first record : Mirror man - Human League (bought "Raiders of the Pop
Charts" on the same day). And what stuff do I like - long list, lets start
somewhere. Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Who, Zombies, MC5 Stooges, Floyd, Girl
Groups, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Sly Stone, Stevie Wonder, Isaac Hayes,
Funkadelic, Roxy Music, David Bowie, Can, Amon Duul (now!), Eno,
Television, Patti Smith, Richard Hell, Talking Heads, Blondie, Sexpistols,
Clash, Stranglers, Buzzcocks, Wire, Echo+Bunnymen, Joy Division, JAMC,
House of Love, House Music, Acid House, Hip hop, Trip hop (just discovered
I'd pent 300 quid on mo wax records over the past few years), Massive
Attack, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Verve, Dr.Feelgood, La's, Bob Marley,
ACDC, Motorhead, Primal Scream, KLF, Talk Talk, My Bloody Valentine,
Sparks, T-Rex, Suicide, Spacemen 3, Simple Minds, De La Soul, Public Enemy,
DJ Shadow, Warren G, Notorious BIG, Young MC, New Order, Ultra Vivid
Scene.... Christ, this is getting like the conveyor belt round in the
Generation game, I'll have to stop.

Susannah : Ahhaa - a "recreate Tigermilk" record sleeve, sorry I've been
away for a couple of days, well, I've recreated it bar not being a girl,
and not having a tiger. If you're feeling sinister's more tricky as I can
hardly read, 3,6,9's especially difficult as I'm not Stuart Murdoch, oh and
to answer your question it's Stuart David on A Century of Elvis.

Cheers,
	Keith - finally recovered from the hell that was the UK's national Bill
Gates conference.