Sinister: freaky B&S occurence

susannah susannah at xxx.net
Sun Nov 16 11:06:24 GMT 1997

Two people off the mailing list bumped into each other on Friday evening purely
by chance and here's the story.

Does anyone remember the mail from the guy wanting the screenplay of the
loneliness of the long distance runner from Foyles in London?

Well, I said I'd have a look for him on my way home from work one day, so  just
before closing time I spent half an hour browsing through the Drama section, and
if you've ever been to Foyles you'd know what a haphard system they have , and
compounded with a VERY unhelpful assistant I was having a devil of a job trying
to find it.

I was just getting ready to give up, when this other customer appeared , passed
a piece of paper to the assistant, who then pointed at me and said "we haven't
got it , and SHE'S looking for the exact same thing"
I looked at him and he looked at me, and I said
"did you get it off the mailing list?" to which he replied "Belle and
Sebastian?"
then he added
 " I'm Steve (Trouss) and who are you?"
As soon as I said my name was Susannah, he said "did you really mock up those
covers?" referring to the post I sent earlier this week , and I had visions of
him, and everyone else in the shop imagining me doing Tigermilk, so I went
really red and couldn't think of anything to say after that. He wouldn't let it
lie though, and mentioned it a good two or three times.

Well, we got kicked out of the shop, and I was JUST about to ask him if he
wanted to go for a quick drink , when I got all flustered and  ran all the way
to the bus stop.

So, Steve, I've mailed you also, but I apologise for seeming so rude.

That's all.

Susannahxx