Sinister: Trembling Blue Stars

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 16 19:06:38 GMT 1997

> Re: the heated debate about sarah records earlier on, why doesn't someone set
> up a mailing list specifically for this (er, don't look at me, I've just
> about worked out how to send e-mail) and what's with Shinkansen - the only
> thing I've seen on the label is the marvellous Trembling Blue Stars LP -
> anyone know? - mind you, half of you lot probably work for them/have slept
> with them/ had a punch-up with them on a barge in Bristol

Well on the Tweenet web pages as well as lots of Belle & Sebastian
stuff there's plenty on Sarah/Shinkansen, along with details of
certain list members shady pasts as fanzine writers/record label
failures :o) Join their mailing list, they'd love a good sarah debate
on there.

Someplace this week I saw a mention for the Trembling Blue Stars album
with the tag line that if that special person in your life has got "If
You're Feeling Sinister" buy them the Trembling Blue Stars album for
xmas.  Not sure about that advice myself East River Pipe being much
better.  Maybe we could launch the perfect album for xmas present
thread now?  Or judging by the last week perfect small rat like animal
for xmas? :o) Actually buy people gift vouchers for xmas as they're
the gift that keeps on giving apparently?

There was a new Trembling Blue Stars single last week but  ignore that
buy the Arab Strap remix of David Holmes.