Sinister: NB&SC - xmas presents

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 16 19:39:21 GMT 1997

> Someplace this week I saw a mention for the Trembling Blue Stars album
> with the tag line that if that special person in your life has got "If
> You're Feeling Sinister" buy them the Trembling Blue Stars album for
> xmas.  Not sure about that advice myself East River Pipe being much
> better.  Maybe we could launch the perfect album for xmas present
> thread now?

I reckon it's normally best to buy people compilations for xmas. If the
person really likes a band, they'll already own their albums; if they're
not sure, or have never heard of the band in question, you can buy them a
greatest hits album, because that way they'll get to get a good idea of
what the band are really like, and are free to investigate further if they
want to. Maybe Sparks / Nick Drake / Housemartins?

> Actually buy people gift vouchers for xmas as they're the gift that
> keeps on giving apparently?

Ah, gift vouchers are so good, they allow you to buy anything in that
shop. So much more convenient than giving people those old fashioned
banknotes, which can only be used in, like, every shop in the country...

Stuart G

P.S. Still waiting for those compo results...