Sinister: Er, Belle & Sebastian...

the duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 17 17:20:06 GMT 1997

> 3. Right at the end of 3, 6, 9..., "Belle and
> Sebastian / on the
> radio / playing songs for children". I can't
> quite make out the next
> line, but it sounds a bit like "B&S / on the
> radio / playing songs
> for lunatics"???!!,

'playing songs to learn and sing'... in reference,
one can only suppose, to Echo & The Bunnymen,
whose '80s compilation was of the same title.  Had
a funny yellowy sleeve with them walking along in
sillhouette.  my bro has a copy... came with a
free 7" of the rather excellent Zoo release, 'Read
It In Books', which i pilferred.  Um, as someone
noted ages ago, this makes two references to the
Bunnymen on the 3,6,9 ep.  other one is in the
sleeve is it not?  goes to check... "There was a
picture of Echo & The Bunnymen".  indeed.

head waltzing around the room in a rather peculiar
manner...

the duke

--
Tangents On-Line