Sinister: little hello

blink at xxx.net blink at xxx.net
Mon Nov 17 17:51:41 GMT 1997

 Hello dear Sinister People,
         I'm new to this list and I suppose I should say something about myself?
 I've just turned 15,and I live in Quebec...
          I sort of stumbled into Belle and Sebastian,a while ago I remember
 seeing the cover of 'Dog On Wheels' in a magazine,and for some odd reason I
 got into my head that the boy on teh cover was Belle and the puppet dog was
 Sebastian,but he was really a solo artist/Christain rock.I don't know how I
 got that! My friend went on and on about how good they,and I wanted to get
 that album..but I forgot about it,untill I saw it 'If You're Feeling
 Sinister' at Spinables,when I went up to buy it,the most beautiful boy with
 blue eyes (they just magnetize you!) told me how good they were,so I fell
in love with the boy over
 Belle and Sebastian so this connection remains. Especially the 'you can bet
 it is a bitch,kid' line,it just reminds me of the moment..most likely it is
a bitch we are distant from each other...anyways,I went
 back there and magically,Dog On Wheels was there,another guy sold it to
 me..and he loves them too.And he rustled beneath his counter for a minute
 and produced 3..6..9 Seconds of Light,which I'd never seen before and all
  I swa was this beautiful objet and it was sort of gleaming silvery
grey..and I was so excited to buy it,untill I realized it was HIS
 copy..but he said he's put it on order,not more than 2 or 3 days,I returned
 and again..Belle and Sebastian...3..6..9..Seconds of Light was
 there! I was only disappointed that the last two I'd bought had not been
from my beautiful
 boy..but returning later that night,I took one step into the store and this
 guy grabbed me by my arm holding Lazy Line Painter Jane...HE (yet another
guy) love Belleand Sebastian also,and he keep calling out 'You want this!You
want!' when (oh lovely!) my beautiful boy sort of magically floated beside
him '....It's REALLY good...' SOLD! So here I am...almost complete,except
for this they call the Tigermilk,not good for me I think but
 treasure for you who have... I only I hadn't loved Belle and Sebastian so
quick or else I might nothave boughtall in such haste and I could've
savoured more moments.....Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying is one of my
 favourite songs from Sinister...I feel as if I share a lot of common
 sentiments with Belle and Sebastian..I regrette I'm not familiare with the
 band very well,they never seem to list who they are?Anyway,I so happy I hear
 this band!Past while..not too much music has got me very interested,but
 arrangements,especially the trumpet solos! And the writings on back...very
 different from other bands...
  I regrette,there  not many bands I have 'claim to fame' with,not many
 bands come close to where I live,except one day,I was shopping and at A&W I
 meet up with Brett,Neil and Mat from Suede...I got to hang out with
 them later,I was so excited! I'd never met anyone famous before let alone
 someone famous of value to me,trying to act calm was hard! Unfortunately..I
 couldn't go see the show,19+ (Accursed Barrymores!) but I also met with The
 Longpigs,whom I admire their music very much.....very friendly,Crispin and
 Simon are,kept kissing me ,but I am proud to say they were very nice
 people,not intimidating nor pretentious I sometimes think bands will be
very mean? They're
 in their own world that noone else understands...(Thom Yorke...but I feel so
 much like him sometimes!)
 And  on Spiritualized! Ladies and Gentlemen..beautiful album especially
 the title track,it's very hushed vocals in rounds with light little bells in
 background,then they shake you up a bit with more rockier...Electricity..but
 then,such sadness..Broken Heart...one of the best sad songs...Pure Phase
 (earlier album) is quite good too....
 forgive me dear people,I'm tired and this is probably stupide post for a
 first one..

 Oh ,I've write too long!
 Love and Poison,
 Genevieve :)