Sinister: Bedhead/B&S, Bloke depression

Nicole Elger nicolina at xxx.com
Tue Nov 18 18:56:33 GMT 1997

RE: Bedhead/B&S

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 13:29:34 -0600 gram (gram at interliant.com) wrote:

>on the Bedhead EP, before the first song starts, you can hear someone
>talking and then Matt the singer chuckles and laughs in almost the same way
>as B&S.
>
>its really neat, cuz I know the bands proly have no idea and they happen to
>be my 2 favorite bands...

Mmmmmm, yes. Bedhead is DIVINE. There is finally a release date for their
next record -- Feb 10, 1998 on Trance Syndicate.  I'm so impatient, but
I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

RE: "Sinister: Bloke depression" posts:

I find that a certain sequence of songs on IYFS is perfect for a depressed
mood.  If I'm bummed out, "Like Dylan in the Movies" always gets me a
little teary, for reasons I don't quite understand.  I'll usually be
trying to hold it back, but then "Fox in the Snow" begins and the tears
start rushing out and I might as well stop sweeping the floor or cooking
soup or whatever and just sit down and let it happen.  It's nice to cry
surrounded by such a beautiful song. The best part, though, is that when
"Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying" kicks in, I always start laughing!  Then
I laugh even more at the fact that I'm laughing but still have a face full
of tears. I realize I'm happy in spite of myself and end up feeling
lighter for a while.

Also related to B&S and moods, I find that the LLPJ EP is especially well
suited for a crowded bus ride home after work on a rainy night, when
everyone on the bus is soggy and miserable. I've used it many times to
survive such a ride. Last week I had those songs playing on my walkman and
this drunk older man next to me kept tugging on my sleeve and asking me
questions. I kept pulling off my headphones, then putting them on again.
The people across from me were giving me sympathetic glances as I did my
best to ignore his mumbling.  Finally he pulled my sleeve again and said
"Must be some pretty good music."  I smiled and nodded and he was quiet
the rest of the way.

- Nicole