Sinister: Re: On the radio

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Nov 20 10:23:52 GMT 1997

Keith Watson wrote:

> I've always assumed that "Songs for Children" is a song
> about when they were
> on the evening show on Radio 1 being interviewed by Mark
> Lamarr in Sep 96,
> they were basically having a laugh, taking the piss out of
> Mark Lamarr,
> Chris talking about his essay on Foucault and Stuart
> remarking "F**Koff"
> sounding similar and then roaring with laughter as Mark
> Lamarr fails to
> count correctly twice the number of words in the title of
> Judy and the dream
> of Horses. This was the first radio session they did, so
> it kind of matches
> up with the words in the song.
>
> Keith.
>
> Gone a bit bloody quiet of late hasn't it?

I don't suppose any of you Robert Plants and Rula Lenskas
out there in pop land have got a tape of this interview have
you? It would make my day.

By the by, I finally obtained the much sought after Ladies
and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space today. So thanks to
all my little helpers out there over the last few months. I
still think it's a daft package. Had the check-out woman
well confused, much to my embarrassment, but gave 'er indoors a good
laugh, so thumbs up to the much maligned Mister Spaceman.

Whilst ploughing through a tedious article about the wonderful work of
A&R men, I stumbled across the information that members of B&S played
football during the In the City knees-up against a team of dirty English
A&R types. Are there any witnesses? Who played? Did they score? Did
Sarah have to take her roller skates of to play?

Archie, I have mislaid your address. What a silly billy!

Peter