Sinister: Manchester tickets

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Nov 20 19:23:38 GMT 1997

Katrina at Jeepster wrote:

> Belle and Sebastian are playing the Manchester Town Hall
> on Saturday the
> 27th and Sunday the 28th of Decemeber.

Sunday is the Lord's day. I shall be unable to attend. I
shall be reading my leather-bound bible and fingering my
heavily starched collar.

>  There will be no support band on
> the Saturday (hoping for some DJ's eg David Holmes),
> however Future
> Pilot support on the Sunday night.  The capacity per night
> is 750 which
> includes guest list, so only 700 tickets for sale per
> night.

Fifty on the guest list! Blimey! Will any mums and dads be
in attendance on this occasion?

>  We have
> managed to secure 350 per night for those on the fan-club
> and e-mailing
> lists.

That's about one each then. No it isn't, I'm forgetting the
non-computerised masses.

> Tickets from the fan club are available to those paying by
> cheque/postal
> order ONLY!  (This includes international money
> orders/Eurocheques
> etc.).  NO cash or credit card payments will be accepted.
> There will be
> a maximum of five tickets per transaction,

Whish scuppers my plans for becoming an evil ticket tout. I
was going to be one when Pink Floyd graced the local
football stadium but I didn't have any money to make the
initial outlay. Good job too, because it wasn't sold out in
the end. They had a big gong. I like groups with big gongs.

Peter