Sinister: newbie....

Matt Locke matt at xxx.com
Fri Nov 21 14:47:35 GMT 1997

hello all

I've only just got around to subscribing to this list, despite being a B&S fine for quite a while...

It seems s lot of of fun, and will make a change from the overly serious art/culture/technology lists that I subscribe to (but hey, thats my job....)

Reading some of the back mailings and other B&S websites (I never knew there were so many!) is it true that tigermilk sells for £300 now? Sheesh, thats a lot o' shekels.... not being smug or anything, but i got 2 copies!

I was but a lowly washer-up in a restaurant in Brighton when I heard Mark Radcliffe first play 'The state I'm in' and then later scribbled Electric Honey's address onto the back of a dill pickle jar. One quick cheque later and tigermilk arrived in a smart brown envelope. My girlfriend holly loved it as well, so when I was back in Galasgow visiting friends (I was at Art School there 1990-1995) I managed to get a second hand copy from missing records on the great western road for £4!!! Since then I've got respectable and work full time in a gallery in York, so Holly's moved in with me and we have two copies in our collection!

before anyone asks, we're not interested in offers, either...

We also managed to see the union chapel gig, which was amazing, but I don't think we'll make it to manchester, so please post reports if you go...

Incidentally, if there are any glasgow based fans on this list, I used to dj around Glasgow, playing a mix of rare groove funk jazz cheese latin and hip hop. Me and tom (my flatmate) used to do every fraiday at nico's, and occasional nights at bar 10, miros and various other haunts. We used to run a very underattended (ie empty!) night at the 13th note called lingo, but I think I'll draw a veil over that. If anyone used to go to nicos, or heard us on sweet/subcity fm, then drop us a line, as I'd love to hear from ya. York is *very* boring in comparison, so I miss my hedonistic former existence!!!

s'all for now...

matt