Sinister: 13th Note

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Fri Nov 21 20:48:34 GMT 1997

Mike Appelstein wrote ...

>It's either Sauchiehall Street or Glassford Street, I believe  One of
>the two, definitely.  It's near that big park in the middle of Glasgow,
>I know that much.  Granted, I was only there once, and it was dark and I
>left the directions to my Glaswegian companions...

Pretty amusing, several Glaswegians on this list and the only directions are
given by foreigners ... since the 13th Note still seems to enjoy its former
location, here is some more information ...

Mike already mentioned _Glassford_ Street, should be number 80 (corner pub,
side street is named Garth Street, as far as I remember). Travelling by bus
to demonstrate your genuine enthusiasm, you should get off at Buchanan Bus
Station and spend a few quids on the cab (alternatively, purchase a
streetfinder or meet up with a volunteering Glaswegian listee, only ten
minutes walk). Travelling by train you should get off at either Central
Station or Queen Station (ten and five minutes walk respectively).
Travelling by car, you should leave the M8 for the Royal Infirmary heading
towards the centre, drive along Castle Street followed by High Street, cross
George Street / Duke Street, leave the third street on your right named
Ingram Street (nah ... not Geoffrey Ingram) and the fifth on the left will
be Glassford Street, the 13th Note is located at the first corner to your
left hand. Generally speaking, the 13th Note is near the well known George
Square, the University of Strathclyde is pretty close as well, but the big
park Mike was writing about would be the more distant Glasgow Green ...
unless you've crossed the Necropolis that night, an ancient cemetary. ยง:^D

Besides, make sure to organize some tickets immediately, since the 13th Note
is a pretty tiny club ...

"The church up on the hill is looking lovely"
"But it doesn't interest, the only things she wants to know is"
"How and why and when and where to go"

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella