Sinister: magnetic fields?

ByTheSea6 at xxx.com ByTheSea6 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 21 19:28:04 GMT 1997

Magnetic Fields are one of NYC's best bands.  Stephen is the key songwriter
but Claudia is a very fixed and essential member of the band as well.  An
album they
did that many are familiar with is the 6th record on London. It was MF songs
with
guest singers (Amelia Heavenly, Dean Luna, Barbara Manning, Chris Knox, etc)
and
it's really great, though Stephen's voice is always better than any guest
vocalist.
He also records under the name Future Bible Heroes (an 8tees synth-pop thing
like Anything Box).  Merge puts out the MF records in the States. . .don't
know about the UK.  B&S fans might really like him cause he has clever,
witty, ambiguous, foxy lyrics.
He's a bit of a downer at times though ("all the umbrellas in london couldn't
stop this rain, all the dope in new york couldn't stop this pain, all the
money in tokyo couldn't make me stay, all the umbrellas in london couldn't
stop this rain . . .").  (sigh)