Sinister: Gay Stu

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Sat Nov 22 06:22:09 GMT 1997

>  Lastly. Is Stuart Murdoch gay? Just being curious thats
>  > all, nothing funny,  but
>  > is he?
>  >

>  Most of the time he sounds quite miserable, but there is the
>  odd outbreak of gaiety from time to time.

Years and years ago, we referred to a homosexual friend as "gay" in front of
my grandmother, who apparently filed that piece of updated vocabulary away.
 After an outing of the church ladies (to a winery!?), she told us how all
the other women were discussing the trip and kept saying it had been "such a
gay day!"  Gram was quite pleased with herself for knowing the "new" meaning
of the word, and had chuckled to herself all the way home.  Of course, Gram
used to refer to her new neighbor as "a hanger."  It took us quite a while to
figure out that she meant "hooker" -- and she was embarrassed to learn what
it meant...