Sinister: Multiple mailings (again)

Honey psm at xxx.net
Sat Nov 22 13:04:14 GMT 1997

Oh Gawd.  Looks like I didn't solve the multiple mailing problem yesterday
did I?  But top-notch detective Andreas has come up with an idea and I'm
trying it - this mail as an apology but also as a test.  I tried about 3
things yesterday in an attempt to stop it.

It looks like my mistake was assuming I am to blame - it might be a new
subscriber to the list with such a badly configured mail program that it's
bouncing back repeatedly.  I've removed the suspect and mailed her/him.

This doesn't mean the older messages won't still bounce a bit - I haven't
got any control about what the brain-damaged program is doing - so PLEASE
BE PATIENT!  If it's any consolation, I, as list-owner, have received many
hundreds of bounce admin messages from your mail servers worldwide.  But
that's my job.

So apologies - bear with me! - and don't leave the list in exasperation if
you can help it!  I'll be mailing the people who unsubscribed in the last
24 hours as Andreas the Hero suggested if this attempt cracks the problem.

Sorry again,
Cilla