Sinister: I don't do drugs, all my friends are on their holidays

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Sun Nov 23 16:20:23 GMT 1997

On Sun, 23 Nov 97 15:03:43 GMT, Susannah wrote:

>Did you take any 'substances' whilst watching the band that night, cos
>you do seem to be have travelled to another plane judging by your review ;-)

In my student days, thinking magic mushrooms might be a pretty cool
idea, and going to see Spacemen 3.  And guess what.  They were shit.

>I remember partaking of some particular herb before seeing Flowered Up of all
>things
>and in my state of mind actually thinking they were AWESOME ( god almighty).
>They had this man in a big polysytrene 'flower' get up and I thought it was
>BEAUTIFUL, telling all my friends the next day about this fantastic new band.
>They made one or two half baked 'baggy' singles and sank without trace.

Now it's funny you should say that.  On the first of the two occasions
I ever took ecstacy, it was at a Flowered Up gig at Shoreditch Town
Hall (this is 1990 or something).  And I was convinced that the
support were the future of music.  Their name - Ocean Colour Scene.
Kids - just say no....

Tag