Sinister: Sessions at West 54th (Forward)

ben ferneyhough bferneyhough at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 24 09:34:36 GMT 1997

Jim Nisbet wrote:

>'Although Pennebaker's involvement is restricted to 10 minutes of
>interviews in each hour-long episode, he apparently exerts pulling power,
>not only among viewers but performers.  Douridas says the prospect of
>meeting the veteran film-maker lured the chronically diffident Scottish
>band Belle and Sebastian into giving their first television performance
>(they had a song called "Like Dylan in the Movies" on their last album).
>"They were very shy", recalls Pennebaker.  "I really liked them."'

I saw that too, and forgot to steal it from the pub to write to the list
with, so thanks Jim, also, I was watching Live and Kicking, honestly, and Ian
Brodie (Lightning Seeds) was asked what music he was listening to at the
moment, and he said he was really into Belle & Sebastian. It fair made my day.

Ben.