Sinister: I don't do drugs, all my friends are on their holidays

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 24 09:56:27 GMT 1997

Now it's funny you should say that.  On the first of the two occasions
I ever took ecstacy, it was at a Flowered Up gig at Shoreditch Town
Hall (this is 1990 or something).  And I was convinced that the
support were the future of music.  Their name - Ocean Colour Scene.
Kids - just say no....

======================

Hoho - Top one, Sorted, i'm on one matey! Flowered up were a strange band
really, very contrived "Baggy from the South" style thing, but surprisingly
good in compared to what they should have been given that they were at the
total arse end of that scene.

    Tag - got your tape and it's great, I haven't got through all of it yet
but I've done you a tape - yourself and Peter's tape should be in the post
this week, major apologies for the timing on this front as I say it's been
release time for us and it's hectic. Listening to the song that St.Etienne
played a few years ago brought back vivid memories which was good. I
suppose I should have told Bob that as a matter of politeness - although I
suppose also it may've seemed rude given that it's not their song!

On the tape is a pile of Mo'Wax stuff, not including Shadow, although I've
put Zimbabwe Legit and the Shadow mix of Krush's Meiso on it - which you may
have, but it was worth the risk as they're brilliant.

    See you're meeting Susannah and Steven Trousee (can't find e acute on my
keyboard I'm afraid) next week, hope that goes well and say hello from me,
cheers for the ticket, are you coming up for the Glasgow thing then? I'll be
going certainly, just put a new fan belt on my car so a wee jaunt along the
M8 ought to recharge the battery!

David Nicoll - Coming to Manchester then! Give us a shout.

Cheers,
    Keith.