Sinister: Multiple mails, unsubscribes

Honey psm at xxx.net
Mon Nov 24 15:01:13 GMT 1997

Problem solved I think - thanks again to Andreas's suggestion.  I
won't know how a mail program can be so stupid as to fling everything
back to the list, but the evil miscreant has been removed and
(hopefully if I got it right) blacklisted.  Michele - you saw "too
many hops", thank goodness, because mail programs set a maximum
number of points on an email's journey before they decide not to pass
it on - usually around 18.  This is to stop just this sort of thing:
Sinister mailing to a mentally disturbed mail program that sends it
back to the list, that sends it back to the program...

In fact if I hadn't been sleeping I would have noticed that the
bounced messages contained multiple footers indicating just this.

Incidentally it may come as no surprise that the site concerned was
using a Microsoft mailer...

Oh and if you're receiving this and thought you'd unsubscribed - can
I remind you to send sun/unsub requests NOT to this address but to:

	majordomo at majordomo.net

I will NOT in general have time to do unsubscribes manually - too
much (real) work (eh?).  And if you close your email account: please
unsubscribe from Sinister before!  I know it's hard to remember
but... spare a thought for my aching mailbox!

I still love you all and want to have your babies.