Sinister: Future Pilot Aka

Nigel Turner nigelt at xxx.net
Mon Nov 24 15:52:48 GMT 1997

Future Pilot Aka is the brain-child of Sushil Dade, once of The Soup Dragons fame.  But don't be put off by this, because, on record at least, they sound very interesting - weird keyboards, sampled vocals, eastern rhythms.  Their first single, "Night Flight To Memphis" on Creeping Bent records (as far as I know it was their first) was a collaboration with Kim Fowley, who delivered his trade-mark drawl over the top a cyclic keybord sample, and it's dead good.  They have a second single out on Creeping Bent (I can't remember the title) which is a reworking of The Revolutionary Corps of Teenage Jesus/Alan Vega tune, "Protection Rat" (the title's a corruption of that), which I'm sure you're all familiar with?  I've no idea what they'll be like live.

Nigel
xx