Sinister: Potential External Virus

John Stuart j.stuart at xxx.com
Mon Nov 24 16:51:36 GMT 1997

I have no idea if this is a hoax or not but there are so many weirdos out
there surfing away that it probably isn't so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Potential External Virus:

I have received the following message from a contact outside our firm.
If you receive an e-mail titled "JOIN THE CREW" DO NOT open it! It will
erase EVERYTHING on your hard drive! Send this letter out to as many people
you
can.......this is a new virus and not many people know about it! This
information was received this morning from IBM, please share it with anyone
that might access the Internet. Also, If anyone receives mail entitled;
PENPAL GREETINGS! please delete it WITHOUT reading it!! This is a warning
for all Internet users - there is a dangerous virus propagating across the
Internet through an e-mail message entitled
"PENPAL GREETINGS!".