Sinister: Potential External Virus

Honey psm at xxx.net
Mon Nov 24 16:55:57 GMT 1997

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, John Stuart wrote:

> I have no idea if this is a hoax or not but there are so many weirdos out
> there surfing away that it probably isn't so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
>
> Potential External Virus:
>
> I have received the following message from a contact outside our firm.
> If you receive an e-mail titled "JOIN THE CREW" DO NOT open it! It will

STOP!!!  DO NOT PASS THIS ON!!!

These things make me so mad - they are HOAXES - the only virus is the
fact that they get passed on.  The Sinister list isn't for these and
if you get one send it to me - I can find out if it's a hoax or not
first!

Better still, take a look at:

	http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html

Phew.  I get loads of these from people at work as well - try to stop
them before people pass them on AGAIN...

Paul